lanning a grown-up summer barbecue? Surprise your cannabis-loving guests with infused ice cream sandwiches featuring CBD/THC flowers combined with an array of flavors. Chef Joe Sasto create this homemade infused ice cream with Autumn Brands’ clean, pesticide-free cannabis, but you can substitute with your favorite flower if it isn’t available in your home state. While tasty, this dosed dessert can also help alleviate stress, anxiety, and sleeplessness.
Cannabis-infused Ice Cream
Recipe By: Chef Joe Sasto
Yield: 1 1/2 Quarts
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Inactive Time: 8-12 Hours
2 cups heavy cream, chilled
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
Decarboxylated cannabis flower
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
½ teaspoon salt
Your favorite cookies (optional)
- Gently over low heat, approximately 180F, infuse condensed milk with decarboxylated cannabis flower for 15–30 minutes. (A longer infusion yields more cannabis flavor and potency.)
- Strain the flower and let the condensed milk cool completely in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, season the heavy cream with vanilla, salt, and honey. Whip to stiff peaks.
- Once infused milk is fully chilled, fold together with whipped cream and any additional flavorings or add-ins you would like. (See examples below.)
- Place in a parchment-lined freezer-safe dish or container.
- Freeze for 8–12 hours.
- Optional: Punch into rounds and make sandwiches with your favorite cookies.
Cheesecake: Add 8 ounces softened cream cheese to the heavy cream and use a stand mixer or hand mixer to whisk to stiff peaks.
Mint Chocolate Chip: Add 1 teaspoon peppermint extract and 1 cup chocolate chips.
Peanut Butter/ Nutella / Cookie Butter: Stir 1/2 cup–1 cup spread into the mixture.
Caramel: Drizzle 1/2–1 cup of caramel over the almost-frozen mixture, stir to break up the ribbon a bit.
Chocolate: Add ½ cup cocoa powder (sifted to prevent lumps) and/or 6 ounces melted cooled chocolate.
Rocky Road: Stir in ¾ cup chocolate syrup + 1 cup marshmallows + 1 cup toasted almonds.
Cookies & Cream: Mix in 15 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup).
Strawberry Swirl: Cook 2 cups strawberries with 4 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until syrupy. Chill completely before swirling into ice cream.