Recipe from High Times top cannabis chef Ginalisa Diaz of Cannabis Connections
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 bag of brussels sprouts, cut in halves
- 1⁄4 cup infused olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of pepper blend or fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
I N S T R U C T I O N S
Wash brussels sprouts, chop in halves, and set aside. Coat a large pan with infused olive oil and butter. Allow the oil and butter to melt together, then add diced bacon. Cook bacon for 3 minutes, then add the brussels sprouts.
Cook the bacon and brussels sprouts together, folding them vigorously after three minutes or once they begin to caramelize.
Add in shallots, garlic, pepper blend, garlic powder. Add 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1 tablespoon of parsley.
When the brussels sprouts have cooked for another 3 minutes, fold in all the ingredients while keeping a rapid toss and fold movement. Add the chicken stock and incorp
orate the flavors and bits from the pan. Once the brussels sprouts are done, allow them to lay in the pan, face down on the flat side of the sprout as you turn off the stove and grab your platter.
Plate the brussels sprouts when they’re full of color and al dente. Sprinkle with the remaining sea salt and parsley, and top with freshly grated parmesan and almonds.